Friday, September 25, 2015

PCAGOE Honours Wyatt Waters!

This month's challenge is about taking a painting by American painter Wyatt Waters and being inspired by it. I chose the Fireflies painting. The first thought that crossed my mind, when I saw the painting,  was that it would make a great night light. I'm partial to night lights. I love making them.
Using some white clay and some inks I set out to recreate the mood of the art piece in my sculpture. I am quite happy with my results although the photo does not capture the colors as well as it should. I still need work on photographic skills.
The first photo is of the painting in question and the second is my sculpture. What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I SO love this piece Line! perhaps my favorite piece by you yet! Just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. I appreciate it. The photo does not do it justice.

      Delete