Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Ironcraft Calls for Summer.

I haven't posted for an Ironcraft challenge in a long time. I have been keeping up, just not with my own photos and such. This time I made the effort to do it on time. The theme is wonderful and in our neck of the woods, summer is just starting to feel like it's here.
I chose to finish a piece I had started some time ago but it still counts because I did transform it from its raw state into a finished piece. For those who don't know the rules, every Ironcraft entry has to be made between the time the host announces it and the due date. Can't use up stuff you already had.
My piece was inspired by a vacation to the ocean a friend told me about. She was reminiscing about sitting in her hotel room with a glass of wine watching the waves. A vivid image popped into my head and I wanted to try to make it out of polymer clay. It is built on hard canvas. I painted the background and the rest is all polymer. The curtains are polymerized tissue paper. I particularly like those turned out.
I don't know about you but I'm ready for some summer and if I'm lucky this year, I'll be able to go to the ocean and watch my own waves. In the meantime, I have this piece on my wall. I can always pretend it's a window. lol
If you'd like to share your vacation plans with me I'm all ears. If you ever have been inspired to produce something that reminded you of a real or imagined vacation, I'd love to hear about that too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Line - The curtains do look very cool! Just curious - what's polymerized tissue paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie. That question will be better answered in person when next we see each other.

    ReplyDelete