Thursday, July 8, 2010

I love polymer clay.

so, here I am back to my passion. I tried to work wire, getting a few books and some wire at Michaels and went for it. Aggh! It's hard on my hands, costly and how do you know if the wire is lead free. Anyway, I'm not crazy about working with wire although I did learn a few basic techniques that will come in handy in the future. I think I came up with a way to make wire wings but I added pc to them. Used tls, colored with ink, right on top, it filled the whole space so I ended up with a bead the shape of the wire. It will work, I'm just not sure how.
One lessonn from all this, Polymer clay is awesome and versatile and great for mixed media. Adding a little mica might make it all sparkle. Now the trick will be to make it solid enough so you can bend the piece which is what I found strange about wire. The only unbendable was unworkable. I didn't hammer anything though which would probably solve that problem, Don't have an anvil. Gotta get one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment