Monday, November 28, 2011

Another show to show for!

Well, I'm about 1/2 way through my show season and it's been a mixed bag of tricks. A couple of good shows and a couple of dismal ones. I've added covered crochet hooks to my inventory and so far have save my table costs. This last show, for the first time, not everyone stopped to look at my jewelry. I usually get a lot of lookers and oohs and ahhs but not so much this time. It was a bit discouraging but my skin is tougher because I realized that my pieces are not run of the mill stuff. All my pieces are unique, ooak, and not everyone is into that. That's ok, but they liked my crochet hooks. My pitch for those is that I take a regular crochet hook and turn them into works of art (I'll credit Berit Haynes for the idea). So, now I'm off to make more hooks for my next show. The pic is of my latest creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment