Thursday, February 16, 2012

Never enough time!

I had lunch with a dear friend the other day and she asked me what I'd been thinking about lately. Well, I was a little embarassed by the question because I don't think that what occupies my mind is the run of the mill stuff. Yes, I think of my daily tasks of cleaning, cooking and sleeping but the rest of the time is spent thinking about how I can add more polymer clay time in my life. Everything I seem to see, I ask myself the same question, how can I cover that or add to it or reproduce with polymer clay. It's rather an obsession, I have to admit.
Now, I practise yoga in order to slow down my brain and retain the present moment longer in my mind instead of thinking of all the other things that I will do later or the things I have done yesterday, in theory anyway. While I'm practising the down dog, cat, cow and dreaming of being a crane, I think of nothing but what my body is doing or more like feeling the muscles' strength to getting me there and out again. It's great! Now, comes savasanah, my favorite by the way, and I relax and empty the stress from my body. I can feel it drain from me. then the thoughts of polymer clay come in, how I'll finish this piece, a solution to an earlier problem with this other piece or a image of a piece will pop into my mind's eye and I can't wait to go home and try it.
I don't think I'm supposed to do that but hey I don't try to do it, it happens on its own and I usually get pretty good ideas so I'm not complaining. I wonder if anyone else has this happen to them?!
The photo is of a custom order for yantra stones with the chakra symbols. They feel very nice to fondle.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea, doing yoga, in-between claying! The stones are cool.

    ReplyDelete